A tag is an instance on the timeline that you want to save, like a timestamp. The start and end points as well as the duration can be determined by the user.
For example, we may want to add Tags for all passes.
When a tag is created, a row on the timeline will also be created where tags can be visualised.
- From the Home page navigate to the Tag Templates window, and choose the Tag Template Designer.
- To create a new tag, choose the Tag button, and give it a name.
- This will create a button in your tag template for the tag.
Tag Properties Explained
- To get to the Tag Properties, click on the tag, and navigate to right hand pane.
- Tag Properties:
- Tag Name: Allows you to change the name of the tag.
- Key Binding: Set a hotkey for the tag. When you press this key it will activate/deactivate the tag.
- Timeline Colour: The colour the tag will display when it shows in the timeline.
- Unchecked: Press the tag/key to open and close the tag.
- Checked: Press the tag/key once to activate the tag and once to deactivate it.
Reactivate Post Roll: Setting regarding if a tag is activated again while it is still recording the post roll.
- If Enabled: The tag on the timeline already will be extended by the length of the post roll again. The result is one longer clip.
- If Disabled: A new tag will be created on the timeline.
Pop-Up Notes: Prompt to enter comment.
- Never: Doesn't prompt.
- Activation: When the tag is opened.
- Deactivation: When the tag is closed.
Notes Prompt: Provides a prompt for what type of comment.
- Hover Tooltip: You can add in notes as a reminder as to what the tag/label is for when you hover over it.
- Pre-Roll: Time leading up to the tag opening that is included in the instance.
- Post-Roll: Time after the tag is closed that is included in the instance.
- Page Switch: Can change pages of the template on Activation/Deactivation of the tag.
- Edit Links: Links the tag to activate/deactivate other tags/labels.
- Visual Properties: Allows you to change the order (front to back), position, height, width, and rotation of the tag within the template.
- Show Tag/Label Name: Shows the name on the tag/label button in the template.
- Show Output: Create a mathematical calculation that will display on that tag.
- Text Colour: Colour of the text in the tag.
- Font Size: Change the size of the font.
- Show Tag/Label Icon: Icon will be displayed on the button.
- Show Key Binding: Hotkey will be listed on the button.
- Image: You can browse and add an image to be displayed as the tag.
- Background Colour: Changes the colour of the button.
- Opacity: Changes the transparency of the button.